The following directions will show how the reconfigure the wireless settings for 2nd Gen Decora Smart® Wi-Fi products. These products part numbers start with with 'D2'. If your product part number starts with 'DW' please refer to the article How Do I Reconfigure The Wireless Settings For Gen 1 Decora Smart Wi-Fi Products?
The Reconfigure Wireless option allows a device to join a new wireless network while retaining all of the device information. This is helpful when programming a device to connect to a Wi-Fi network with a different SSID or password.
Step 1: Reconfigure Wireless
To reconfigure the wireless settings (SSID and/or Wi-Fi password) on an existing Decora Smart Wi-Fi device, using the My Leviton app, press the Device Settings icon.
Choose Device Settings:
Choose Reconfigure Wireless:
Place the Gen 2 Decora Smart Wi-Fi device into Wi-Fi Enrollment Mode:
- Hold the top of the paddle or LED button for 7 seconds
- After the first 7 seconds the LED will turn amber, release the button
- The device will default Wi-Fi settings and return to the flashing green LED
With the LED flashing green press Yes, let's go
The app will connect to the Decora Smart WiFi device over Bluetooth
- Note, if you have any issues connecting during this step, please check if Bluetooth on your mobile device is connected to another product such as a Bluetooth headset or watch. If Bluetooth is being used, please disconnect from the other products and try again.
Choose the 2nd Gen Leviton device from the list
Press 'Change Wi-Fi Network' to select a different SSID.
- Note, if you are rejoining to address possible connection issues and the issues continue it is best to complete a factory default and restart the reconfigure wireless process.
After pressing Change Wi-Fi Network the app will provide a list of visible wireless networks available to the Leviton Wi-Fi devices. Choose the network with the best signal strength available that you are authorized to join.
- Note: If your SSID is hidden it will need to be visible during the enrollment process. Once the Decora Smart Wi-Fi is enrolled the SSID can be re-hidden.
- Note: If you are in a safe location to show your password, press the eye icon to see the text
The app passes the Wi-Fi information to the Leviton Wi-Fi device
Once the Green LED stops flashing the Wi-Fi will reconnect.
If Your Device is Unable to Connect:
The most common issue when connecting to Wi-Fi is the password is entered incorrectly. When this happens you will see the following screen.
If the password is entered correctly and you are still unable to connect it is recommended to factory default the device:
- Be certain to default the device and return to the flashing green LED
- Hold the LED button or top of the paddle for 14 seconds
- After 7 seconds the LED will turn amber, continue to hold
- After 14 seconds the LED will flash amber/red, release the button
- The device will default and return to the flashing green LED
- Press Restart Setup to start the enrollment process again.
Your Leviton Wi-Fi device has now successfully connected to your My Leviton App. If you have not setup connections to voice services or IFTTT you can click on a service to receive instructions to add the service to your My Leviton account.