Updates to Apple and Android operating systems starting in August 2020 have created an incompatibility with some iOS and Android mobile devices. Decora Smart Wi-Fi devices produced with firmware 1.4.32 in November 2019 or newer are not affected. Any devices manufactured prior to November 2019 where the firmware has been updated to 1.4.32 or newer are not affected.
If your device is affected, the issue will occur during the enrollment process when you leave the My Leviton app to connect to the Leviton Device in the Wi-Fi Settings on your mobile device. When you select the Leviton Device from the Wi-Fi list, you may receive a message that the mobile device is “Unable To Connect.” On some Android devices, you may not receive a message and instead your phone just never connects to the Leviton Device (you never see a check mark next to the device).
If you believe you may have an affected device please reach out to our technical services team via phone (800-824-3005 option 3) or e-mail (DSSupport@leviton.com) and we can help you determine the manufacturing date of the device.
The simplest resolution for resolving the incompatibility is to temporarily use an older Apple or Android device to setup your Decora Smart Wi-Fi device, enroll it to My Leviton, and update the device firmware. Once the firmware is updated, the incompatibility will be resolved. If you have access to an older mobile device, follow the below instructions. If you do not have access to an older mobile device please contact technical services via phone (800-824-3005 option 3) or e-mail (DSSupport@leviton.com).
If you have access to an older Apple or Android device, it can be used to temporarily enroll the Wi-Fi device and update firmware.
- Download the My Leviton App from the App Store or Play Store
- Use your My Leviton username and password to log into your My Leviton Account
- Note, if you are borrowing the mobile device, your login information can be removed by deleting the app once the Decora Smart Wi-Fi device firmware update is complete
- Follow the Add Device instructions to add your Decora Smart Wi-Fi device to your My Leviton account
- Update the firmware in the Decora Smart Wi-Fi Device
- The Decora Smart Wi-Fi device will be displayed within your app as updated
- Once firmware has been updated, the My Leviton app can be removed from the older mobile device.