In March of 2021 Leviton launched a new 2nd Generation Decora Smart Wi-Fi platform. This new platform consolidates the features of Decora Smart Wi-Fi and HomeKit into a single offering. The Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen products include a more streamlined setup/enrollment process and provide a framework for additional capabilities, enhancements, and integrations. It is important to note that these new devices seamlessly work together with the Wi-Fi 1st Gen products in the My Leviton app.
The new products include the D26HD Dimmer, D215S Switch, D23LP Mini Plug-in Dimmer and D215P Mini Plug-in Switch.
The Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen products are Leviton Decora just like the Wi-Fi 1st Gen products for a matching look in the home.
New Wi-Fi 2nd Gen Features Include:
- Compatibility with Apple's HomeKit technology and Siri voice control
- Compatibility with the DAWDC Anywhere Dimmer Companion and DAWSC Anywhere Switch Companion for wire-free 3-way/multi-location control
- Streamlined device setup using Bluetooth and the My Leviton 3.0 app
- Wire leads on the dimmer and switch provide for a quick and easy installation
- All new Mini Plug-In Dimmer allows two plug-ins to fit per outlet
When using the My Leviton app to manage your Decora Smart devices, the experience between Wi-Fi 1st Gen and 2nd Gen remain the same. For example, both 1st Gen and 2nd Gen devices can be included in schedules, scenes, and activities together. For all devices the firmware update process is managed by the My Leviton app.